Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan move out of Los Angeles

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan move out of Los Angeles (ABC News)

Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, are settling into a new home in California.

The Sussexes and their 15-month-old son Archie have moved to Santa Barbara, a spokesperson confirmed to ABC News.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved into their family home in July of this year,” the Sussexes’ spokesperson said in a statement. “They have settled into the quiet privacy of their community since their arrival and hope that this will be respected for their neighbors, as well as for them as a family.”

PHOTO: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex attend the Commonwealth Day Service 2020, March 9, 2020, in London. (Chris Jackson/Getty Images, FILE)
PHOTO: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex attend the Commonwealth Day Service 2020, March 9, 2020, in London. (Chris Jackson/Getty Images, FILE)

Harry, Meghan and Archie had been living in the Los Angeles area, reportedly in a home belonging to Tyler Perry, since moving to California from the U.K. earlier this year after they stepped back as senior members of Britain’s royal family.

MORE: Prince Harry says social media is creating a ‘crisis of hate’ and worries about the damage to children

Santa Barbara is a coastal town about 95 miles north of Los Angeles. One of the area’s most well-known residents is Oprah Winfrey, a personal friend of Harry and Meghan’s, who owns a sprawling estate in nearby Montecito.

PHOTO: Oprah Winfrey arrives for the wedding ceremony of Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan Markle at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, in Windsor, May 19, 2018. (Ian West/AFP via Getty Images, FILE)
PHOTO: Oprah Winfrey arrives for the wedding ceremony of Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan Markle at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, in Windsor, May 19, 2018. (Ian West/AFP via Getty Images, FILE)

Harry, Meghan and Archie have followed stay-at-home orders during the coronavirus pandemic at their temporary Los Angeles home. The Sussexes have not made any official in-person appearances since moving to the U.S., but have appeared in taped messages and video calls.

The location of their temporary home in celebrity and paparazzi-heavy Los Angeles did appear to raise privacy concerns for Harry and Meghan.

MORE: Duchess Meghan allowed to keep friends’ names private in lawsuit against UK tabloid

The couple filed a legal complaint last month alleging drones were used to take photographs of Archie at the home.

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan move out of Los Angeles originally appeared on goodmorningamerica.com